Tuesday, May 24, 2011

"Know Thy Enemy"

The day started off on a sour note. Elena called me hysterical that her dead vampire mother, Isobel had showed up at her door. Jenna answered and was stunned to find out the Alaric's not so dead wife was back in Mystic Falls. Elena tried to talk to her, making the situation worse.  I can only image what Jenna is thinking.  I told Damon he needed to call Alaric and make him aware of everything that was going on. What I really didn't need this morning was Katherine asking us not to alert Isobel she was in town or staying at our house. Any time Katherine asks a favor, it all about her and she really wanted us to believe she was on our side. Not a chance in hell either of us would buy her act. I guess she thinks I'm stupid when she keeps telling me to be smart. I'm smart enough not to trust a bitch with a smile.

I went to Elena's to talk to her about Isobel and the fact that maybe Isobel had information that could help us. She really didn't want to hear it and I can't really blame her. Why should she trust a vampire mother who turned her back on her at birth and choose to live as a vampire? John walked into Elena's room asking for us to come downstairs. He had invited Isobel in. I was just as shocked as Elena and we both were wondering what the hell was he thinking.  I asked Isobel to tell us what she knew and at the moment Elena was willing to hear her out. John claims Isobel was helping all along. I just glanced over at him, thinking did he forget he was responsible for killing all the 1864 vampires and was ready to kill Damon and I?  I guess that slipped his mind as he tried to spin this tail around and we were suppose to believe he was working to protect Elena. The man has balls, I'll give him that. John told us the word was out that a doppelganger existed. Well we kind of figured that out. Katherine lurking around town is bound to bring harm Elena's way. Elena had enough of Isobel who was asking her to leave and go to a safe-house that no vampire could enter, not even Isobel. Elena was quick to put her in her place and told her to get the hell out her house. I was so proud of her for once again, standing up and not falling for the lies of John and Isobel.



Elena and I went back to my house to discuss with Damon what Isobel had to say. He wanted Elena out of the Gilbert house and here with us. She refused so we said we would stay at her place. Again, Elena was being stubborn by informing us she didn't want to be a prisoner in her own home.  Katherine walked in the room asking to know the whereabouts of the moonstone. Damon told her that we had it hidden in a very safe hiding place.  Elena didn't say a single word. She ignored Katherine who was standing behind her pouting and whining that we were keeping secrets from her. That's laughable at best, coming from a person who has done nothing but lie to us, dating back to 1864. She walked away mad when Damon told her that we could burn her at any given moment and that just because we haven't killed her, doesn't mean we trust her. 

Hours later, Elena and I attended the ceremony at the Lockwood mansion for Elena to receive the donation for a scholarship in honor of her mother. Caroline walked up to us freaking out over Matt running out on her. He knew she was a vampire and we didn't need him telling anyone else. I was upset Caroline didn't use better judgment when she decided to tell Matt the truth and she didn't compel him afterwords. He will never understand and now he has questions on Vicki and her death. When Caroline ran off to go find Matt, I was able to calm down, knowing if she didn't deal with Matt, I would have to do it for her. Despite Caroline's flaws, I love her like a little sister.

I stood proudly as Elena went up to accept the donation for her mother's scholarship fund when John came barreling down the stairs. I ran over to him and could see he had been bitten on the neck. I scanned the room and rushed to find Elena. Right away I sensed Katherine and walked her outside. She called Damon to tell him to get over to the Lockwood mansion asap and figure out who attacked John. As soon as she hung up the phone, I shoved her into the car. Katherine thought she had me fooled. I'm not Damon, I know Katherine a mile away. She had a syringe in her other hand chalked with vervain. I didn't have enough time to react before she stabbed me with the syringe and shoved me into the bushes.

I called Damon when I was able to get up and told him Elena was missing and Katherine was to blame. We went to the nicest foreclosure in town and there was no signs of Isobel, Elena or Katherine. We did discover that Isobel had been there. Her bags were by the door.

It wasn't until later, Elena came to the house. She told me Isobel showed her the grave her parents had for her even though their wasn't a body buried. Isobel received a call telling her that her part was over and she was done. She killed herself in front of Elena. I don't know how many more family members she can handle seeing die before she has a complete meltdown. Damon brought in the deeds to the house. Once Elena signed them she would become the owner of the house and no vampire could not enter without going through Elena.

John woke up scared that Damon would kill him. I was going to let him at this point, John has caused more harm than good. I gave him plenty of chances and each time he failed us. Elena asked to speak to him alone. We went into the other room, pour a round of drinks to toast having Bonnie on our side with her powers back and no one would see it coming. Not even Klaus.

I'm guessing Elena gave John a free pass yet, again. The man is on borrowed time as far as I'm concerned. The next time he hurts Elena, he will feel the wrath of the old Stefan Salvatore.

Stefan

No comments:

Post a Comment